CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dave and Cie's Hot Picks

For this Venereal Day, your Host and Hostess with the least are providing you with a vapid and meaningless post of what we think is hot in the music world, including a bit of the discussion we had. Dave sent me his picks and left the hard work up to me! Actually it is a mutual effort created through hours wasted e-mailing and IM-ing, and I just italicized Dave's comments, bad spelling and all ;-). Davey and I will comment on each Dude. We don't care if you like him or not. Like Frank N. Furter said about Rocky, we didn't make this for you!
Dave is a happily attached gay man and Cie is a snarkily unattached curmudgeon who isn't looking. Both will be eating chocolate on Venereal Day, though Dave will be receiving roses and things we can't talk about from Brett, while Cie will be receiving We Fucking Love You Bitch candy hearts from Death Cheese.
These Picks come in no particular order of "hotness," because we really aren't trying to gauge that. We just picked some musicians that came to mind and had fun!
Cie's first pick:





















Steve Harris of Iron Maiden
Why: He writes intelligent songs, not just the "oh baby let's get down" stuff that was so prevalent in the 80's. And he's got really gorgeous hair!
Dave says: I am soo shocked that you picked Steve Harris! Why dont you try surprising people sometimes? Honest in your old age you are becoming far to pridectible!
Before I kill Dave, I will let him have a pick.




















Dave Murray, Baby! Coz his name is Dave too! Seriously what the fuck, I dont have these fuckin cerebrel explenations for why I think it, but Dave just rocks! He is with MAIDEN, and nobody else kicks that much ass on the Guitar! Well, except maybe Janick. Anyway, I always liked his smile and if I was gonna get my ass kicked for hittin on a straight guy, it would be Dave.














Davey, I notice you can spell JANICK'S name perfectly well! I'd like to spell something out for him, but I can't say those kind of things on a PG-13 blog. How many times can we say "fuck" and still have it be PG-13?
Let's face it, the dudes in Maiden are HOT! Both musically and otherwise. And anyone who disagrees can stick a mike stand where the sun don't shine!
















Ok, I know it is a totally diferent genera, but I think Richard Marx is hot! Of course my opinion is a bit prejudicial due to him looking so much like Brett! I found this pic and if you dont think it looks like Brett and me, I will eat my underwear!
I would tell you to eat away, but it is pretty close. Except you are handsomer! ;-)
After all the bad spelling crax, I'm glad you have sense to make that remark? remarck?
Fuck it!




















I'm going with Greg T. Walker from Blackfoot and NDN. This dude is so smart and so talented! Its too bad that Blackfoot's management tore them apart.
Totally sux about Jak too. Gone 2 yrs in March. RIP!
Yeah, and when the hell are Blackfoot gonna come to our neck of the woods??














I know being a gay man it is probably expected, but I was hot for Rob Halford when I was 14 years old, I think he might have been my first crush of puberty outside guys from school. It took me a couple years when I really started listening to the lyrics, but I figured out he was probably one of the few people that wouldn't beat the crap out of me for being queer. Yea, I totally would of been Rob's bitch! ;-p
As you know, Dave, I thought Rob was hot too. My brother, who is four years younger than me, figured out that Rob was gay before I did.
Your fuckin gay dar is totally broken!

















Rickey Medlocke, Baby! Damn, you put together the HOT guitar playing, the songwriting, and the totally exotic looks, and he is the total package!
Yeah, Rickey is all right. I didn't know Jak was married to his sister.
I kinda wish he would still play with Blackfoot, but he totally kicks ass with Skynyrd, so I can't complain too much.





















Back in the day I would of got my ass kicked, but I always thought Vince Neil was hot! Dont get me wrong, I also wanted to BE Vince coz his voice, man, it is so totally BAD ASS! And he has that way, ya know, he owns the stage! Much respect to my man, I can totally be down with being like a brother, but that thought's gonna cross my mind!
Vince still looks great and he still owns the stage!























Dude, Bon Scott will come Poltergeist me if I don't mention my eternal love for him! He was really my first crush other than that one poor guy I followed around for two years of his life back in junior high. Man, I still remember the day I found out he had died. It will be 27 years ago. And right after my fucking birthday! Talk about being crushed! Man, I grieved, and that is no joke! I loved this dude so much! AC/DC will always rock, and I love Brian, but what else can I say? Bon was totally my first love. When I found out he had died I ditched school and walked around town all day crying. I went and got all my money from the bank and bought Highway to Hell and carried it around with me like it was some kind of link to him. I wore a black ribbon for years after he died. I know some people will think this is crazy shit, but he really meant something special to me.
I feel your pain sister. I always liked Bon anyway but I gained a lot of respect above and beyond when I read in the biography about how he was for gay rights in Australia when being gay was I guess still considered against the law! He did this even though it might of had something to do with that rumor that the guys in the band were gay, he said what he thought was right, I will always respect that!
Bon didn't pull any punches for sure! He said what he thought and he stood up for it. Rest in peace to one of the greatest musicians and an all around great human being!


















Dude it was a sad day for gays everywhere when Freddie Mercury died! He was so much the icon of a successful gay entertainer. And he was so sexy too! Another ovious pick maybe. But Freddie was one of the first where I said I know he is one of us! Man he was such a diva, but not like a drag queen, you know? Freddie was the KING! Even tho the group is Queen. Does that even make sense?
Totally! I look at those old videos of Queen and man, what a SHOW!
The best thing about the Flash Gordon movie was the soundtrack with that totally glam song from Queen! ;-)
I admit that guy that was Flash was pretty hot tho! What was his name? Hell I dont remember that but I remember that I was getting this pre pubecent woody! I was like only 8 yrs and I thout something was totally fuckin wrong with me. That is why I am glad there was FREDDIE! He showed guys like me that being gay didnt have to make you this total cream powder puff or what ever! LOVE U FREDDIE!
































Dude, you can tell me if this is a downer, but I wanted to put a picture of Pelle because he was a great musician and because he was a great song writer and because I have love in my heart for him every hour of every day.
Its about the love, my sister! Go for it!
Any way it aint like hes ugly or something.
I might of had a problem if you had put Axe Man! ;-)
Yeah, he's good looking but its almost like its blasphemous to mention it because its in this vulnerable, ethereal way. The way I feel about him is really protective. I get disgusted when I see these fools writing "he was so hot, wonder what he was like in bed" and crap like that. I feel like I have to defend him from such stupidity. But I don't feel like I had to defend Bon! Why?
Dude, Bon can take care of himself! Nobody was gonna put one over on Bon!
Guess that's it! Thanks for figuring that out for me, Dr. Dave!
Aw. And I dont even have a minor in psych like Brett!
Any way, the apeal with the Pelle Dude is totally cereabrel. And poetic. He will probably come polter giest my house but when I look at him I think he should be wearing like Shakespere time clothes and carying around a Lute!
You're right, he's gonna poltergeist you!
Yeah well send the love for the dude, god only knows and probably goddess knows too he needs it!
Dude, I need to go to bed! But can I have one more?
Yeah, we have to have equal time!




Dude you totally opened the door to the whole Rock Poet thing! Man, I know he was more our parents genaration but I can totally understand why Andy Warhal made a total damn fool of himself over Jim Morrison! I would not ever act so desparate even over some one so beautiful and talented, but Jim has got it ALL!

One of my stoner chums in high school cleared her mind for one thing--writing beautiful poems in honor of Jim Morrison.

He really was incredible! The looks, the voice, and mostly, like you said, THE POETRY!

Damn, thanks, Dave, this was so much fun! It really did take a long time and I did NOT provide links to everything like I usually do, but last time I checked, my name wasn't Google!

This was the best V-D I've had in a long time!

7 comments:

Mo said...

Much as I doff my cap to the Priest, the roof of my car has often almost been blown right off by "Living After Midnight". But Rob Halford? Unfortunately Rob had a doppleganger here in the UK when they first hit the charts. He looked exactly like Tim Brooke Taylor, a well known comedian from a show called The Goodies. The Goodies often parodied musical genres of the time and had several hits such as "Funky Gibbon". When I first saw Judas Priest on TV I thought it was Tim doing a Spinal Tap and laughed my socks off at the leather and the cliches in the lyrics. It was only some months later that i learned this was a genuine band. I'm sure they were seperated at birth. Both Rob and Tim had synchronised hairdos for years until it all went. Fortunately they are now easy to differentiate, Tim has grown fat and Rob has the tattoos.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Maybe Rob has secretly been feeding Tim chocolates so the mistake won't be made again!
Knowing this I think it's kind of funny that Tim "Ripper" Owens is the guy who replaced Rob in Priest for awhile! Just because of the name association.

Brettman said...

Haaa haaaa, finally have a minute to look at the fucking utter foolishness--oh, I do mean, MAYHEM, that you bastards worked on for four hours last night! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves! This is why my man crawled into bed at four in the morning last night and why when I went to cop a feel this morning before I had to crawl out the door at 7:30 he greeted me with "OH ROB!" And THIS is the reason for all the beer bottles by the computer! Man, you two are going to hell for sure! "Taking a snow day" my ass, Dave!
Seriously, I am cracking up, this is great shit! For those of you who don't have the pleasure of knowing these two freaks in person, THIS IS WHAT THEY TALK LIKE when we get together! I fucking expect my hair to start turning back into a mullet! We haven't been able to get together in person for almost two months now due to shit weather + distance + work and they obviously had a major withdrawal!
Rob Halford, Man.
Is there a queer headbanger that didn't consider the possibilities?
But not all of us admitted it out loud--DAVE!
See ya tonight, Babe.
Sorry you have to work, Cheesy. But you wouldn't want to be along for this one anyway if you get my meaning! ;-)
Hint: I will be dressing in leather and playing Judas Priest on the CD. ;-p

Amanda said...

Great pic(k)s! really needed to read a post like this today!

Personally, I wouldn't mind finding Dave Lombardo's (former Slayer member) house-slippers next to my bed...not because he's particularly cute (which he is...a little) but because he's a bad a$$ drummer, and I have a thing for good drummers.

http://www.geocities.com/cosmohcole/DaveLombardo_03.jpg

Damn...who else. I just know I could come up with more if I were sober. :)

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Well, as long as it's a good musician who cares if anyone else thinks he's hot. Now if you'd said K-Fed, I'd know you weren't just drunk but tripping on something really bad!

G said...

This was a great post and had me cracking up along the way. I should show it to my husband who would definitely be down with your muscial taste Cheesemeister.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

It really IS all about the music, but we did have fun with the images too!