The Asshole Song
by Jimmy Buffett
Well I was drivin' down I-95 the other night.
Somebody nearly cut me right off the road.
I decided it wasn't gonna do any good to get mad.
So I wrote a song about him instead.
It goes like this...
Were you born an asshole?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'cause you're an asshole tonight.
Yes you're an A S S H O L E...
And don't you try to blame it on me.
You deserve all the credit.
You're an asshole tonight.
You were an asshole yesterday.
You're an asshole tonight.
And I've got a feelin'
you'll be an asshole the rest of your life.
And I was talkin' to your mother
just the other night.
I told her I thought you were an asshole.
She said, "Yes. I think you're right."
And all your friends are assholes
'cause you've known them your whole life.
And somebody told me
you've got an asshole for a wife.
Were you born an asshole?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'cause you're an aaaass...hole tonight.
Thanks to Listology
by Jimmy Buffett
Well I was drivin' down I-95 the other night.
Somebody nearly cut me right off the road.
I decided it wasn't gonna do any good to get mad.
So I wrote a song about him instead.
It goes like this...
Were you born an asshole?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'cause you're an asshole tonight.
Yes you're an A S S H O L E...
And don't you try to blame it on me.
You deserve all the credit.
You're an asshole tonight.
You were an asshole yesterday.
You're an asshole tonight.
And I've got a feelin'
you'll be an asshole the rest of your life.
And I was talkin' to your mother
just the other night.
I told her I thought you were an asshole.
She said, "Yes. I think you're right."
And all your friends are assholes
'cause you've known them your whole life.
And somebody told me
you've got an asshole for a wife.
Were you born an asshole?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'cause you're an aaaass...hole tonight.
Thanks to Listology




9 comments:
Every time I drive on I-95 in Miami Florida I sing this song. I am pretty sure that Jimmy Buffet wrote his song after driving in Miami.
This song used to get a lot of air play on the Neil Rogers Show on Miami AM Radio. But no more. The FCC crackdown after the super boob incident fucked that all up.
nah, he wrote this while driving on I-35 probably somewhere between Austin and Houston...arrghghgg
When he comes to my neck of the woods he drives anywhere between I-80 leading into Alberta Canada and I-25 on the other end going through Arizona. There are plenty of likely suspects on that stretch of road!
Glad you liked the song, Anonymous. But none of us speak Hindi, so I didn't bother publishing your too astute comment. Gee. sorry about that.
u guys better learn Hindi fast
there are no jobs in USA now
u want job come to India
Microsoft and GOOGLE have set up operations in India
FORD too
"To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals."
-- Don Schrader
Jim,
Interesting thought. The tech jobs in India probably are increasing and Hindi would be a fine language to know. I'm too old to sponge up other languages anymore. I learned Spanish when I was in my teens. I can read and write Spanish but really can't converse in it.
I'm in the medical field, however. There will always be jobs for people who can tolerate being around blood, piss and shit. It is ever so glamorous.
Anonymous,
Yeah, I've thought about that myself especially in terms of those people who practice genital mutilation. Something a little fucked up about it, isn't there?
But I'm a little puzzled what inspired you to post this. Is it because the song is about assholes, which is one of those nasty nether region things?
I LOVE this song. :)
you give the troll power by mentioning him...talking about him or even thinking about him..he is a non-inity..
Amanda,
And it fits sooo many people!
Granny,
It's true. But it was funny dedicating this song to him before he disappeared. Because he's out of here.
Post a Comment