CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 02, 2009

Who's Crying Now


The mullets--the loud colors--the cheesiness of it all
This song was on the radio and in my head through the whole summer of 1981. In what turned out to be a nauseatingly typical tale, my first real boyfriend, the idiot I stupidly lost my virginity to, ditched me to have a go with someone easier, sleazier, and far more experienced than myself. Why would he cheat on a devoted partner who loooooved him soooooo much (barf) to be with Lucy Loose? Did he not know about The Jack? I should have realized he was brainless when he told me he hated AC/DC!

I never understood why some guys think this way until I was much older and a fuck of a lot more jaded, my idealism about romantic relationships having had a stake thrust through its heart, it's head cut off, and gasoline poured on it before it was napalmed, nuked, and thrown into the Earth's molten core. Actually, I can't say that I understand why some people think like this any better than I did then, I just realize that they do. I also realize that Love Stinks, and that is why my motto has long been "been there, done that, never going back again!" The last time was 10 years ago and I don't miss the bullshit and the drama and the lies one damn bit.

If you're one of those rare people that Just Got Lucky when it came to love, go ahead and be smug. You've got the right. But if you're one of the rest of us unlucky in love bastards who hasn't yet realized that it's better to be alone than fucked over, than you are probably the one Who's Crying Now, you sorry sap. Actually, you have my sympathies. And you have a choice. Be one of those that gets back on the horse so you can risk being thrown and trampled again. Or buy a car with a really good engine and go driving down the bumpy road of life at top speed. You'll get where you want to go a lot faster!

1 comments:

Ethereal Highway said...

Love Journey. And the 80s.