CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 16, 2006

An Amazing Voice

I have been listening to Bruce Dickinson's solo material and although of course I know and love him as the voice of Iron Maiden, I am impressed by his range and diversity after hearing him in the variety of styles showcased on his own albums. Bruce is one of the most colorful characters in the business and the true range of his talents is often overlooked.
Beyond his vocal range, he's also got amazing abilities in fencing and is a commercial pilot. Oh, and his Lord Iffy Boatrace books inspire the most lurid thoughts. It reads like a pornographic Monty Python episode. If that's your bag, it's worth paying the price to get these out-of-print dirty diamonds. (Sorry, I know that's an Alice Cooper reference. But he and Bruce are friends so I'm sure they won't mind being linked.)
So if you like tunes in the Iron Maiden vein but are looking for something different, give Bruce's solo material a try. I think that you'll thank me and say:
"Good stuff, Maynard!"

0 comments: