CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saving Internet Radio

Go to Live 365 and write to congress to save internet radio. Here is the letter I composed. It was sent to Dubya himself, and to my congressmen. I'm not very good with this sort of thing, so you can probably do better.
Dear Sir,
Internet radio is a medium which gives exposure to artists who are not involved with big commercial record companies and helps keep the diversity of the United States alive. It also offers listeners a choice outside of the stations owned by the huge mega corporations such as Clear Channel. It would be sad to see this medium disappear, choked to death by red tape or having such huge fees imposed as to make operations impossible.
Please support H.R. 2060, The Internet Radio Equality Act, which was introduced by Representatives Jay Inslee (D-WA) and Donald Manzullo (R-IL) to save the Internet radio industry.
I have no particular interest vested in this, other than being someone who very much enjoys the variety offered by internet radio. I have found out about artists that I never even would have heard of otherwise. Please help keep America the land of opportunity for the people and not just the land of huge profits by gigantic corporations.

Sincerely,

The Cheesemeister

This post brought to you by my own fledgling corporation. Free enterprise in action, one lone wolf struggling to pay the bills incurred by an unknown author trying to do a little good with her product. Check out my special offer here.

Here's Lynyrd Skynyrd playing Working for MCA for ya.

0 comments: